The revised mandates of Agricultural Technology Application Research Institute are as follows:-
- Coordination and monitoring technology application and Frontline Extension Education Programs.
- Strengthening Agricultural Extension Research and Knowledge Management
The Agricultural Technology Application Research Institute, Kolkata takes up the following functions to achieve the above mandates.
- Formulate, implement, monitor, guide and evaluate the programmes and activities of KVKs.
- Coordinate the work relating to KVKs and ATICs implemented through various agencies such as SAUs,
- ICAR institutes, voluntary agencies and development departments.
- Coordinate with State/Central Government organizations, financial institutions and other organizations
- for successful implementation of programmes.
- Partnering with Directorates of Extension Education of SAUs in assured technological backstopping to KVKs and appropriate overseeing of KVK activities.
- Strengthening the Directorates of Extension Education of SAUs with financial support.
- Serve as feedback mechanism from the projects to research and extension systems.
- Implementing projects of ICAR like NICRA, NIFTD and others.
- Maintain close liaison with ICAR headquarter particularly with Division of Agricultural Extension for preparing reports, write ups and other important documents.