Proceeding of state level workshop of KVKs under Bihar Agriculture University, Sabour, Bhagalpur Jurisdiction held on 18th April 2015.
State level workshop of KVKs under Bihar Agriculture university jurisdiction was organized at Directorate of Extension Education BAU on 18 April 2015 held at University Campus. Honorable Vice Chancellor of BAU, Dr. M L Chaudhary was chief guest of the inaugural session, Dr. R K Sohane, DEE, BAU welcomed the Chief guest and all delegates, the programme was hosted by Dr S. K. Roy, Dr H. K. Dey, Principal Scientist of ZPD, Zone II, Kolkata. Chief Guest addressed the workshop and advocated KVKs to excel in their field and He added that KVKs should disseminate low cost, climate resilient, location specific, technologies of BAU in farmersâ€™ field and do more efforts for betterment of livelihood of the farming community. Dr S. K. Roy, interacted on role of SMS portal. mKissan, ICT in agricultural development, Dr H. K. Dey, Dr Ravi Gopal, Director of Research, Dr K.K Singh Director Seeds and Farm, Chairman of various Division of BAU and Programme Coordinator, SMSs of 25 KVKs have been participated.
In this workshop twelve presentations of annual progress report (2014-15) and action plan for the year 2015-16 have been made by the Programme Coordinators and following recommendations have been suggested by the panelist.
- OFT should be designed on problem based and include major issues for enhancing the productivity.
- Plan OFT on the basis of some logical treatments.
- More focus to be given to accelerate the recommendations of OFT
- For varietal OFT, KVK should use only variety developed from Govt. Institutions, new and recommended for the area.
- Nutrient management trials should be sure about the soil properties and mention the nutrient status in the area.
- OFT on the weed management/pesticide application may be considered for some logical treatments.
- KVKs do the impact study of their technology wherever possible.
- KVKs should mention all the work in the report which is done in the year.
KVK, Munger: OFT, should be designed on problem/constraints based on the locality and according to area, production and productivity data base of the district. Source of technology should be mentioned in OFT. Revenue generation data of the 2014-15 to be included.
KVK, Sheikhpura: More than ten years old variety should not be taken in OFT. KVK should give details of herbal liquid and data of weed emergence/m2 in OFT. Less use of herbicide in onion is recommended, take new variety in place of Arun on Lentil OFT. Farmersâ€™ practice should be clearly mentioned and savour Samirdhi and Sahbhagi be taken in FLD programme. In INM in potato OFT should be design on cropping pattern.
KVK, Sahrsha: Dimension of bottlegaurd plant to plant 0.5 m and row to row 2.5 m, in OFT 2 to kept. In OFT 3, 10 cm crop residue retained in field, OFT 9 to be modified, sesbania seed rate to be taken @ 40 kg / ha for green manuring. OFT no 11, 12, and 15 should be changed.
KVK, Purnea: OFT 1 to be modified. In OFT 3, the application of B 0.2% at booting stage to be taken in Tech option 3, no. of Replication is 10. In OFT 4, mention source of technology details.
KVK, Katihar: OFT on weed data/m2, OFT 2, integrated weed management to be changed, OFT 3 to be changed, OFT 4, explain heat/ monsoon data base. In OFT on Banana, delete tech. Option V, OFT 8-11 to be changed.
KVK, Buxar: OFT, in vegetable pea consider the var. Pusa Pragati and Kashi Uday in place of AP1, & AP3. OFT, on Zinc sulphet to be changed and take rice in place of in lentil. OFT on varietal assessment of wheat modified and takes HD2985.
KVK, Bhagalpur: Work on soil health management, soil health card for to be prepared.
KVK, Kaimur: OFTs to be modified.
KVK, Madhepura: Submitted revised action plan 2015-16 and Annual progress report.
KVK, Jamui. KVK should avoid to consider private varieties in FLD and OFT programming and giving justification of OFT problems should incorporate.
- Rest of the annual reports and action plans were reviewed and for betterment of the action plan, it is requested to consult University experts in formulation of OFTs.
- KVKs were requested to use new varieties in FLD instead of older one.
- KVKs are requested to select 4-5 topics in which they have worked on large scale has some impacts. Such work done should be reported with photographs to be submitted to the Zonal Project Directorate.
- KVKs which are still not added with farmers portal to be verified the same and start messaging services.
- KVKs should include all the points on special programmes those not included in the report.
- KVK should prepare contingent plan for the coming monsoon session
Workshop ended with vote of thanks.